Sunday, July 5, 2009

Musing on Godiva

Chocolate. Ice cream. They taste great individually, but even better together.



Godiva has put a new twist on these desserts with the unveiling of their ice cream parlor truffles, and the chocolatier's offering a free sample to customers through July 9.



After being lured through its doors by the colorful displays, an employee approached me with a tray of Mango truffles. I was touched by the show of hospitality, and helped myself to one of the pieces. The chocolate was thick but chewy, while the fruit was fleshy and sweet. Its taste reminded me of a chocolate-covered cherry, and the unlikely combination stimulated my curiosity about the other flavors (Coffee Gelato, Hazelnut Gelato, Mint Chocolate Chip, Neapolitan, and Pecan Caramel Sundae).



I settled on buying an Oranges and Crème truffle for $2.15¢. It was tart and fluffy, with no chocolate aftertaste. That made for a nice surprise -- one I wanted to experience again, but my schedule wouldn't let me. I spent a few more minutes savoring the sorbet-inspired treat before departing the store feeling lighter than cotton candy.



Godiva is providing a rare opportunity to fuel one's sugar rush without breaking the bank. Don't hesitate to take advantage of this moment of sweet indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment