Saturday, May 2, 2009

Musing on Red Mango

When I was a teenager, Lay's Potato Chips aired a commercial starring Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Larry Bird that featured the tagline "too good to eat just one." After trying Red Mango's product for the first time on April 29, I found myself at their door again on May 2 for a one-day special on the latest addition to its frozen yogurt menu.



My free small cup of tangomonium tasted like a mixture of mangos and tangerines, and the free topping of mandarin oranges enhanced its citrus flavor. Tangomonium is an ideal treat for a spring day, for it's sweet but not overpowering ... and saving $5.36¢ in the process (again!) put me in a good mood, so I gave the cashier a 50¢ tip before continuing with my errands.





Call me crazy, but I don't think it was a coincidence that upon exiting the store, the overcast sky gave way to a sunny one.

No comments:

Post a Comment